Extract data from the response. This is useful to capture authorization, session, or cookie data or parse information (e.g. XML or JSON) available within the response body to chain requests and use this data in a subsequent request.
- Extract response body data
- Extract cookie data
- Extract session and header data
- Extract XML and transform to JSON
- Set up an environment so that you can save information and then use it in subsequent requests. Although you can use other types of variables, one of the more common ways of chaining requests is by using environment variables. Learn more about managing environments.
- Run a folder or collection using the collection runner. You can also step through each request by hitting that blue Send button manually, but don't forget about the collection runner. Running folders or collections with the runner will automatically execute all your requests in a predetermined order.